Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nostalgia Supreme!

With all the mention of Megaman and Castlevania SOTN and other classics on this blog I became a little nostalgic for the games of the past. If you ask me, game play has definitely gotten better but what's really suffered with the next generation of gaming is the music. Orchestrated music composed by Danny Elfmen? I don't want to say that games like Fable over played the value of music, but I think they missed the point. So here's a link to a site that explains exactly what I mean: 


It's filled with classic video game music that you're guaranteed  to spend hours upon hours sorting through. The best thing about it is that it's pretty much all old midi sounds that duplicate the old vg music you're used to hearing. God bless Nintendo for keeping the midi game strong. So here are 5 songs that will rock your socks: classic, midi, retro style. 

They are:

And (of course)




No comments: