Wednesday, January 7, 2009

RIP EGM

In case you didn't know, Electronics Gaming Monthly, America's renowned gaming rag is officially no more. As posted by Adultolescence's own Andy "Shabazz" Ochiltree, Ziff-Davis Media and Publishing, EGM's publisher, filed for bankruptcy in 2008 and had closed down it's PC Gamer magazine in November. Wellllll, it's official now our beloved EGM has finally been shut down, though the Internet offshoot, 1up.com was bought up by another major media giant- the Hearst Corporation. Here's me earlier today-. That magazine was the only reason I could put up with air travel, I don't know what I'm going to do now. As other Ochiltree can attest to, we've been reading that magazine since we were kids, it was like our estranged step dad that was only home once a month. I'll reiterate the Vanderbeek photo, but just so you know how much I'm hurting.



Oh, if you want actual details, try here



No comments: